Thursday, October 16, 2014

Welcome To My Blog

Ever since I was a little girl, I've been drawn to creative projects. My mom sat by my side teaching me how to sew. I used to spend hours in the garage organizing my dad's tools, screws, and junk buckets. I used to play fix-it gal and crawl under my parents old marble end tables, screw driver in hand, and pretend to repair them.

As I got older, I made less time for projects while other things played center stage like school work and friends. But every now and then, I'd have a strong urge to make something. It didn't matter what, just everything in my being would tell me to find and project and create something. I would throw myself into making something and it never mattered to me that I had no clue what the heck I was doing. That was half the fun...teaching myself something new and seeing the end product. The quilt that I made my oldest niece may be the worst sewn quilt you've ever seen but it was made with love, joy, excitement and with open acceptance that it would not be perfect. I wish I approached more in life this way; my crafty self may just teach me a thing or two.

I've been salvaging furniture for a little over a year now and I began it with an intense passion that continues to grow so I've decided to start this blog to bring you on my journey. I salvage furniture because a) it is a way to recycle in age where consumerism and waste dominates b) I love old stuff c) I love putting a modern twist on old and d) all the reasons mentioned above. So I hope you enjoy following me on this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment