Saturday, May 9, 2015

Vintage- Modern Children's Art Table

This project is by far, one of my favorites. I think everyone's grandma may have, at one time, owned one of these tables and it was exciting to breathe new life into it! My husband brought this table home to me and at first I thought, ugh, even painted this table is out of style. But, I do love a challenge and I wanted to figure out a way to turn this table into something modern and useful. Then, it hit me- an art table for little ones! I was as excited as a kid on Christmas to start this project.

I picked up 6 cute white pails from Target which entailed running to two Targets!



I measured the bottom part of the pail and  headed to Home Depot to pick up a 3.5 inch hole saw to cut holes for the art buckets. I didn't want the buckets to sink too low so that coloring books would fit underneath.


After the holes were cut, I sanded the edges and started painting! For this project, I used CeCe Caldwell's Memphis Blue Chalk Paint and sealed with water based polyurthane. Viola! The kids love it even though they know it's for sale!!






No comments:

Post a Comment