Monday, June 29, 2015

Don't Let Your Dreams Stay Dreams...



When I started this journey revitalizing furniture, I did a lot of daydreaming about how to make this passion grow into something more. Would people want to buy what I made? Would people trust me to work on their furniture? Could I ever accumulate enough stuff to join a fair, bazaar or flea market? It can be nerve-wrecking to start new adventures, especially when you are deciding to put your valuable time and hard-earned money into a "dream." Juggling my full time job as a teacher, being mommy to three beauties and carving out enough time to connect with my wonderful husband pretty much takes up all my time so I had doubts about whether or not I should embark on this crazy idea of mine. But even though I knew I didn't really have any "free time" on my hands, I knew it was something I wanted to do--for me. 


This winter, I took a leap and signed up for a small Madison area bazaar called the Madcity Bazaar. I enlisted the help from my fellow crafty friends from House on Jenny St. and together we showcased our work for the first time yesterday! The days prior to the bazaar, I was running around crazy with stress, anxiety and nervousness. But somewhere in the middle of the last minute preparations, I realized that the stress I was feeling actually felt like "good stress" if there is such a thing. It was nothing like the stress I feel working at school or even the stress that I feel as a mom. 

The day finally arrived when I packed up the truck and set up our stand for the first time. The weather was crappy, it was soooo slow, and I hardly sold a damn thing but dang it, I was happy and proud of myself. I can't wait to do it again! This whole chasing a dream business is pretty fun, I highly recommend you try it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment